Why is it that the Brazilians are so serious about bull riding? There are a jillion of them in the sport, and they make up four of the top eight riders in the professional circuit. There's this one guy who's basically the number one guy in the world right now, and his eyebrows are like massive scary catarpillars above his eyes. He always does a backflip when he does well. I like him, but he's totally not my favorite. I really like Kody Lostroh, Robson Palermo and JB Mauney. Of course. They're almost always in the top set.
It annoys me that there are so many people living here who have serious Yankee accents. Not that I have anything against people from the north and midwest; I just can't stand the way they talk. So I guess that means I have one thing against them. Two--they don't usually have the same kind of sweet mannerisms we southerners have.
It also annoys me that there are now all kinds of small children who like to play right outside my apartment. I like children a lot, clearly, since I work with them all day. I don't really like it when they scream and ring their bike bells and whine to their accommodating parents and stuff. Or when they are awake and still playing outside after 9pm. I mean, folks: we live in an apartment complex. Please take your kids indoors at dusk. Btw, one of them just broke a bird's egg, I think, and they are all standing around being grossed out and telling each other not to touch it. But they're all touching it anyway.
In reference to that last post, I was seriously convicted of my own terribleness thanks to attending a youth conference at school, and I'm sure there were other factors involved which I cannot remember. Most of the time I live in a state of defiance, pretending that my behavior and thoughts don't matter, that I am so incredible that God should be happy to have me on His team every now and then; conversely, the truth is that I'm a screw-up who has a big ol' ego that doesn't match her real self. Every now and then I realize this fact, and Tuesday happened to be one of those times. Sorry if I scared any of you. Frankly, though, it was probably good if I did--I definitely need prayer on the subject. I'm probably one of the most self-centered and prideful people I know (and I'm probably just telling you that because it will make me more exceptional), and it takes a lot for me to get to a point where I feel like I'm even a tiny bit close to God simply because I'm standing in my own way. So yes, be afraid, and pray. Hopefully I'll do the same.
That being said, I'm not going crazy or anything. I still have morals, I'm still happy, I still enjoy doing my thing here in tha Ville. I just tend to do it more without the guidance of God than with. And that's kind of against my ordained purpose and a little bit dangerous to my soul.
1 comment:
Would love to have a serious conversation with you about this sometime. It IS scary to see your own sin and realize that your life is totally sinful. Not in big criminal ways, but in countless, small, soul-sucking ways. However, that realization is what is necessary to begin turning your life to God. Again, not in the bigger than life, declarative sense, but in the core of your being. Like maybe no one but you and God know about it. And then you discover JOY. :-)
Anyhow, I love you, sin and all!
Your very sinful Auntie Anne
Post a Comment