Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm Russian

Actually I'm Italian, Swedish, and English, for the most part, but I am in a hurry.

I thought I would brag a bit, since I love bragging and since I'm so good at it. I made a worksheet last night or the night before, or sometime recently, but it doesn't really matter when. My kids have been working on completing it for the past two days, mainly because I won't shut up long enough for them to get their work done. Almost all of my worksheets are homemade--this one in particular was 100% original, including the writing samples that illustrated plain description vs. imagery. I told my 3rd period class today in a joking and offhand manner (I'd had two cups of "bold" coffee this morning, by the way, and I was still feeling it) that they could easily see what an amazing writer I am since I was able to make such good examples for their worksheet.

They spontaneously applauded--my only regret is that it didn't begin with the slow-clap--and told me I should write a book. I think they might have been serious. I've already been asked by multiple kids if I've written a book, and others have spread rumors that I have published short stories. And the answer to that one is T FOR TRUE, if printing out stories written for college classes counts.

Perhaps the bar is set kind of low these days. I mean, I've always thought of myself as an excellent writer; however, as I'm not the best judge due to a severe case of chronic narcissism, it's good to hear it from other people. Then again, let's remember that we're dealing with my sixth-graders here.

:) They're so cute.

No comments: