So, I don't know that I've ever been much of a girly girl. Maybe I used to like bows and the color pink a whole lot more than I do now, but I just don't know that it went much further than that. You'll have to ask the fam for confirmation.
Anyway, I went to WalMart today to pick up a couple of things and found myself in the beauty department for quite some time. I went just to look for a new nail color to spice up my springtime. I came out with a new eyeshadow set, liquid eyeliner, four nail polishes, a curling iron, and...
...some HAIRSPRAY.
Yes. I bought hairspray today. That's not to say that I have any idea how to use it, or how to use the curling iron, either (I had to call Brandi to see what size to get), but I'm actually kind of looking forward to figuring them out. I know it may seem silly that I'm a professional twenty-something with rather good fashion sense who doesn't know how to use basic hair care products. I've never been much of a doer-upper, though, so it didn't matter if I knew what to do with them or not.
I have already played around a bit with all the products, lining my eyes and swishing sweet colors all over them--I swear I've used shadow maybe twenty times in my life--and painting my toenails and spraying my bangs away from my face. Let me just tell you, I look darn good with my middle school t-shirt on and the top half of my face all prettified.
Side note: I've never used hairspray myself, but Mom's applied it for me for senior prom and stuff. That's it. So tonight, as I held the twisted strand of bangs against my head, I aimed, squinted, shot...and success. Second spray, on target again. Third? Straight in my rainbow-lidded eye.
This being pretty stuff is gonna take some serious practice. Possibly with test runs taking place at fancy restaurants around town. :-D
Single ladies, I hope you've brought your A-game. Gents, I hope you've brought your wallets.
No comments:
Post a Comment