Saturday, April 17, 2010

How encouraging

I tried out my new eyeliner this morning and it made me late to school. I mean, there were other factors involved, but it contributed two full minutes to my lateness. I still feel weird about this eyeliner, and I haven't even worn makeup of any kind to school in the past few weeks, so I'm self-conscious as I walk up in the building with my darkened eyes.

I get to my room and look in the mirror again just to make sure I'm not turning into the Joker or Tammy Faye Baker, and I still look pretty normal, so I'm feeling good again. Then I see one of my kids and he says, "Hey, whoa, you look like you really got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. Your eyes are all, like, weird and stuff."

Sixth grade is so not the place for the weak or insecure.

3 comments:

mom said...

LOL, LOL, LOL! I have been catching up on your posts and rolling on the floor. Yes, you are a great writer. You and Aunt Shelly are soulmates. Y'all just need to do something with it!!!

Christina said...

i love that your blog provides some comic relief for me when i'm at work...thanks for that! re: eyeliner...i've found that it is especially tricky so i've started using dark shades of eyeshadow to create the same effect. it's much easier and less messy. let's have a real girly weekend sometime soon and i can show you and play with your hair! :D

Unknown said...

This made me laugh out loud!!! Thanks!