Monday, January 17, 2011

Welcome to the jungle...

Today was my last day off for quite some time.  We had three snow days last week and one in December, so workdays will be few and far between in the coming months.  At least we still have spring break!

I'm watching WWE Monday Night Raw -- that's "professional" wrestling, for those of you who don't know, and I put it in quotation marks for a reason -- for the first time in a long time tonight.  I watched it while I was in college just because it was so entertaining, and I must admit that I used to have a crush on Randy Orton.  Now that he's a really bad guy, I've moved on to better targets.  One of whom happens to be C.M. Punk.

I thought he was great a while back when I was watching wrestling regularly, and then one day he was in a commercial promoting reading and I was like WHAAAT and I was in love.  As in love as I get on a moment's notice, that is.  Now, I haven't seen him for a while; he showed up tonight with short hair (love it!!) and a posse, and here's the genius motivational speech he gave his three flunkies a moment ago:

"Faith.  Faith.  Faith.  One must have humility to truly possess faith.  One must be willing to sacrifice their all.  To bow before the temptations of the bloodthirsty.  And to truly sacrifice, the soul must be sanctified.  Millions of voices of the undead will ring out in the hearts and soul of the man-beast.  Such are but a few of the qualities of loyalty."  And then he bowed his head, his "disciples" following suit.

WHAT.  IN.  THE.  WORLD.  I wish you had never opened your mouth.

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

lol

also, you should watch "the wrestler." you would really like it.

Mom said...

What??? I don't understand much past the first couple of sentences.