Monday, January 31, 2011

PARTY PARTY party party

So, Brandi and I had a fun weekend.  We both had Forensics tournaments to attend Friday night, so we decided to meet up at CookOut (!!!!!!) and then head back to my place.  We killed time for a little while, both of us sitting on the couch and checking things out on the internet (we're crazy partiers, like I've said many times), then knocked out by midnight.

The real party started Saturday morning.  I woke up when my alarm went off at 10:40 and started reading my book (you have GOT to read The Help -- review coming soon!), waiting until Brandi woke up.  But then I kept on reading for a while even after she was awake.  I know, bad hostess and bad friend.  It was just too darn good to put down for a while there!

When I finally tore myself away from Civil Rights-era Jackson, Mississippi, we started in on one of our best marathons to date:  Downton Abbey, courtesy of PBS.  It was a drama about a British family at the turn of the twentieth century, the story following both the members of the family and all the household staff.  Very fascinating stuff.  And of course, it involved romance, intrigue, sabotage, forgiveness, debauchery, women's rights, unrequited love, ups and downs, highs and lows, everything you could ever want to fill up six hours of your life with.  Capital, capital.  I highly suggest it to those of you who are hopelessly romantic homebody nerds like we are.

Finish all that awesomeness off with delectable homemade chicken tacos and a Carolina win over State, and you've got yourself a great weekend.

Especially if you count the fabulous outfit (dark jeans, grey turtleneck, high wide belt, great jewelry, yellow pashmina, yellow HEELS) from Friday that was seen by the extra-cute tech guy who worked on my television at school and wears a ballcap rather well over that dimpled five o' clock-shadowed chin of his.  I need my inside source to find out real quick if he's single.  I'm not getting any younger or cuter, you know...  ;-)

No comments: