But they sure do make it a tough choice when it's either get freedom...or get money.
The kids come back to school tomorrow. We had a teacher workday today, and I won't lie to you, I didn't get very much done. I got some things laminated -- definitely one of my absolute favorite parts of teaching -- and a few cut out (I'm saving the bulk for my children to do during homeroom), and I have a few plans as to how I will spruce up my room a little more. [I just realized I never posted pictures of my classroom. Whoops. Sorry. I'll try to remember to do that once I get things up on the walls again.]
Melissa and I took our lunch break at a jewelry store (hello, diamonds!!), then picked up Chinese and brought it back to school. I tell you what, when I get married, my husband had better enjoy buying me jewelry. I don't even know why. I've never been much of a real jewelry person -- it's always been about fun and trendy costume jewelry for me. But when we were up in that jewelry store with all those diamonds and gemstones and platinum and silver and gold all around me, HONEY. I decided I needed to become a real jewelry girl. I told Melissa that if I didn't spend so much money on shoes and clothes, and if I didn't have three items in my ModCloth shopping cart, twenty-seven on my wishlist, and eight items in my DSW shopping cart (only because three of them have already sold out, so they dropped them from my list), then I would SO want to spend money on high-quality jewelry. Maybe my shopping addiction is a good thing....
Anyway, when we got back with our Chinese food, we decided that it would best serve us to eat independently so we could get work done. Goodness knows we wouldn't have gotten a thing done but talk if we'd eaten together. I made my plans for this week, reviewed the materials for the poetry unit we're about to begin, and spilled soy sauce on my desk. And now I'm wondering if I finished cleaning it up. I hope cockroaches don't like soy sauce. :-/
Got home, took a nap, watched two episodes of Criminal Minds (marry me, Matthew Gray Gubler...or Shemar Moore, either one), and I've been on facebook, email, and any other electronic siren I can find. I was supposed to find poems to read to the classes tomorrow. But honestly, how hard will that be? I'll take my books to school, and I'll have poems chosen by first period, or I'll choose them during first period. We're talking four books of just poetry, here, plus a textbook with plenty of poems. I think I'll be okay.
Please don't tell anyone that I don't always have my classes planned to a tee beforehand. It might ruin my reputation of being highly prepared and dependable.
:-D
Have I told you lately that I love you? Because I do. Thanks for listening to my insignificant little stories of life.
2 comments:
I just got this fancy-pants machine for Christmas so we should have a party to make cool things for your classroom. Done and done.
http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/
sounds good to me!
Post a Comment