Sunday, November 28, 2010

I'm not a great leaver.

I don't like to leave places.  I like to get there.  I like to stay there.  I like to get out quick if it's not going well.  But if I'm comfortable, leaving is about my least favorite thing to do.

That's why I plan on leaving my apartment around noon and end up going around 3.  It's also why I had planned to head out around 2:30 today and am still sitting here at 3:30, clothes in the dryer and everything else still unpacked.  Not that it'll take me long to gather my things, but still.  I have a three-hour-plus drive back to my place.  That's something that's good to get started on early.

A goal of mine for the upcoming year (or really whenever) needs to be to leave on time.  I need to plan realistically about when to leave -- so don't plan to leave in 45 minutes when it will really take about an hour fifteen to get ready -- and plan realistically about how long it takes for me to get places.  I tend to estimate the shortest time it will ever take me to get someplace.  I calculate for all green lights and zero traffic and five mph over the speed limit.  That's just dumb.

I also get easily and thoroughly distracted.  I'm a big fan of facebook (we've already visited that obsession, though), plus I receive multiple emails per diem about fantastic sales that are happening all throughout the World Wide Web (we've talked about that, too).  One check of the email just for posterity's sake, and whooosh half an hour goes by, all taken up by searching for the perfect layering tee from Lands' End.

Perhaps I should be spending my time packing up right now.  But I did just find out about all kinds of deals that Victoria's Secret is having (buy a sweater and get a free scarf, plus free shipping!!), so I'm stocking up my online cart there.  Eek.

I've GOT to get away from my computer.

No comments: