I need to write my Christmas letter, but I get all my writing bugs gone through this blog. Now I have no idea what to write about. I suppose I ought to do the standard "this is what I've done, this is what is good, these are my struggles, I hope you're well, merry Christmas to you and yours" formula. But that's boring. And I've already told you everything that's happened in my life.
I guess I need to realize that, despite what my big head likes to believe, not everyone reads my blog, and I need to use the Christmas letter to update those people. Because that's what a Christmas letter is all about; it's like a State of the Laura Address. This is where I am, this is where I was, this is where I hope to be, and thanks for your support. Maybe that's how I'll do it. "My fellow humans, ...."
We'll see how it goes. Or more appropriately, you'll see how it goes. Because if I know you, you'll probably be receiving one in the mail within the next few weeks. Unless things end up like last year...and I forget about fifteen cards until I stumble across them when it's nearly Valentine's Day. Oopsies.
Maybe someday I'll get my life together. Ooh, maybe I should put that near the end of my Christmas letter. It sounds like a good "where I hope to be" statement.
No comments:
Post a Comment