...but who always influence you to make really dumb decisions.
I know you know how much I love to shop. And I know you know how much I love to wear cute shoes. And I know you know how much I love to wear cute clothes. And I'm sure you even know how I like to save money and be practical, at least every now and then.
Sales combine all of that in the worst way.
It's like if you don't buy it, then you'll be really sad you're missing out on all those opportunities for looking fabulous. But if you do buy it, then you'll be spending money on things you bought online for the fourth time in less than a month (of course we're talking hypothetically here...right?). But if you don't buy it, then you just might need it later on...and it's on sale right now. But if you do buy it, then that means you have even more clothes that you won't be able to wear until springtime. But if you don't buy it, then you'll be keeping all that money in the bank. But if you do buy it, then you'll be building up your future wardrobe at a fraction of the price if you had waited.
And so on and so on, until the Discover Card comes out of the wallet (unless they already have all your information on file :-/ ), you type in your super-saver I'm-in-your-club-and-I-salivate-over-your-daily-emails code, and you click SUBMIT. And then you have this weird creepy feeling of, Did I just sin? Will I need to talk to God about this during that quiet interlude right before receiving Communion?
Then you look back at your order total of X amount of dollars -- heck if I'm going to tell you how much I spent in this hypothetical situation -- and you look back at the number of items you bought. Then you look at the quality of the items you got. Then you go down the list, saying, Oh, this one is a staple item. It'll go with anything. Ooh, and these are usually SO much more money, and I already have one and love it, and I won't get a better deal. This one, well, I might take it back if it doesn't fit. Or I can just wait until I lose weight and try fitting into it. Oh my gosh, and those are so pretty! And so cheap! You can never find them that cheap, especially of this quality.
That's how I will be receiving a package in the mail in 4-7 business days (free shipping, duh)...uh, hypothetically speaking?
No comments:
Post a Comment