I will post on the days in Rhode Island a little bit later when I'm not so sleepy, but today's focus is on how much I like having days off from school.
Happy Memorial Day, everyone! We have off school tomorrow, and I am so excited about having the extra day. This has turned into a four-day weekend thanks to having to take Friday off as well. I was SUPER lazy today--I lay down on the air mattress in my living room all day and watched the Love Comes Softly movie marathon. And we're talkin' like six or so movies here. I seriously watched, what, twelve hours of these movies today? Is that right?
I was never a big fan. I mean, I thought they were okay, but they were so cheesy you could surround them in crackers and serve them at a church picnic. Clark (the ubiquitous father character) always looks like he's going to cry (if he's not already crying, that is), and that drives me crazy. Plus Willie looks really young, Missy is ridiculously and unrealistically pigheaded, the kids are too sweet, and Zach is too good to be true.
Zach was my favorite character by far for the whole series, and the movies with him were always more enjoyable than the others. HOWEVER--I finally watched the last two movies of the series today, and I pretty much have an almost real-life crush on Lee, the new Belinda's husband. He's way better than her puny first husband, and he's SO sweet and adorable. And he's a patient man, and she's apparently worth waiting for. But if he knew me, then he wouldn't have to be patient because I would so be putty in his hands and I would marry him immediately.
None of that really matters all that much. I would indeed like to tell you, though, that I thoroughly enjoyed my day full of historical fiction and cheesy romance. I'd like to not get a crush on every leading man in every movie I see, but I figure that it's understandable since I can't get a man in real life. Not even when I wear makeup.
ANYWAY no school tomorrow. I'm hoping to do some cooking and cleaning. I'm especially excited about sleeping in and listening to music and maybe watching another movie or two. Which means I will develop a minimum of one new crush tomorrow. Basically, I will succumb to my whims and fancies for a whole entire day.
Awwlllriiiiiiiiight. :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment