Wednesday, May 26, 2010

EOG Day 2, travel prep

Another day of fun-filled activities and sweet dispositions. It wasn't really so bad until I had to spend all kinds of time with my homeroom kids again. They are a SERIOUS handful. It pretty much drives me crazy to be with them from 8 in the morning to 130 in the afternoon. Omg. Holy moly. All of the above.

I came home today and immediately got all laid up on the couch and comfy. I went straight for the ice cream and bread (so much for that crash diet I talked about--but the bread was molding and my dress is stretchy, and there's no excuse for the ice cream) and watched two television shows. After that, I set an alarm for an hour and took a happy nap. It was especially happy because I reset my alarm twice to go off a good bit of time later than originally planned.

That left me feeling super lethargic and cloudy, though, so it totally took away the desire to pack. I have yet to do the deed. I have my bookbag all cleaned out and ready to stuff, just sitting there on my bed. I've also put my nail polish for the week into a plastic bag and tossed it on the couch. Other than that, nada.

But hey, I figure, it's only 9ish, and I'm only packing for two days. How hard can it be?

I just need an outfit for Andrew's graduation (which sweater do I take for 62-degree weather?), a post-grad outfit (because am I really going to wear that dress all day? okay, maybe.), and a Saturday traveling outfit (nice-looking but very comfortable). Plus I've got to make sure I have shoes for all of it, and I need to be sure that I've included all the toiletries that I haven't gotten Mom and Dad to pack into their checked luggage.

By the way, ma bro's graduating from Naval Officer Candidate School this weekend. That's what I mean when I say Andrew's graduation. OMG I JUST REALIZED WHAT MY KIDS CAN DO FRIDAY. They can write him a congratulatory note. [Then again, they'll be coloring after EOGs for the third day in a row tomorrow, so I'm thinking they might not want to do that. Okay, so I've still got to figure out what to do there.] But anyway, Andrew's graduating from his 12-week stint in officer boot camp (sort of), and I'm heading up to Rhode Island to get in on the celebration.

I'll be back sometime Saturday, but that's when everyone is heading home, so I won't be missing too much. I really am just glad to be getting there for any of it. I was worried that, with EOG testing this week, I wouldn't be able to make it.

Oh and HOLLA guess what? It's Memorial Day Weekend. No school Monday. Aw, sorry kids, I'll miss you...

...NOT!!!!

No comments: