Sunday, December 05, 2010

Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree...

I don't expect to be having a blue Christmas, though, not with all the lovely decorations I have here in my apartment.

I ripped open the Hobby Lobby bags today and started setting everything out.  I'd moved a few things around and cleaned up a little bit yesterday evening in preparation for the big redo, so thankfully I could just jump right into things today.  I've got eight different candles all over my living room, each with a different scent (though I tend to burn many at once anyway -- right now, we've got cranapple, vanilla and cinnamon spice candles all going).  I have my ottoman/coffee table all decked out with a gorgeous gold charger with vanilla candle and red berries, a brown placemat with gold glitter, an adorable snow-couple bowl that makes Page really jealous, and my standard white rectangular ceramic dish.  Very pretty.  Especially with that huge vanilla candle burning in the middle of it.

I also have a fun ornament urn on my big bookcase.  The idea was inspired by a display in Belk that had a large glass container with all different ornaments in there.  Mine's just a candle cover sitting on top of a mirror, filled almost to the top with gold glitter ornaments and faceted red ball things.  There's a gorgeous crackled bronze-brown candle holder sitting right next to it.  I hung three beautiful glitter stars on my bathroom mirror, too.  I'm actually pretty tempted to keep those up all year long.  And, best of all, I changed over to my Christmas wreath on the door.  Though three of the apples have lost their peel -- I'm feverishly hoping that I don't have a hungry cockroach family living in it or anything.  After all, it was being stored in an outdoor storage area.  :-/  Yikes.

Tomorrow I need to get out all the rest of my things in the storage closet.  I know I have some very cute things in there...but it's been a year, and I'll be honest, I can barely even remember what I have in there.  If it weren't so darn dark and cold outside, I'd probably be going through it all right now.  I'll just save it for tomorrow, though.  THEN it will be time to decorate my tree, too.  I'm SO ready for Christmas!!

PS Brandi and I watched one of the movies on our Christmas movie list -- The Magic of Ordinary Days -- and it was wonderful.  I highly recommend it.  Yay.  :-D

2 comments:

Mom said...

Don't forget to show us some pictures!!

Laura said...

Will do, but I have to get it all finished first. :)