Thursday, December 16, 2010

SNOW DAY

So there's a "winter whopper" (contact me about usage rights, Weather Channel) that's walloping the east coast all the way from the Deep South to like Pennsylvania and New York and stuff.  We're part of that area here.  And guess whose county cancelled school for today?  MINE!!!  :-D

I stayed in bed until after noon, just lying there and listening to Christmas music and planning out my day.  Then I got up, had breakfast, and started to straighten my apartment.  It has taken a lot of straightening, and I feel like I've barely made a dent.  I've got some dishes washing right now, though, and my little bitty Christmas tree -- it's more of a pullet, really -- is put up with the star on top and one ornament on it.  I'll get to the rest of that later.  [By the way, for those of you who feel that it's blasphemous to put the star on the tree before you do anything else, calm down.  It kind of embodies who I am to do it backwards like that.  I'm a crust-first, read-the-end-of-the-book, tell-me-the-movie's-shocking-twist kind of girl.  If I have the star, I'm going to put it on there.  That's all there is to it.  You're not going to change me.]

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to hang up the way cute letters spelling "THINK WARM" without putting nine holes in the wall.  My current idea is to tie a long piece of string around two nails, glue the ends to the nails, and hammer those babies into the wall.  Then I can hang the letters anywhere along that line that I want to using ornament hooks, AND I can use the string for hanging other things later.  But...I'm worried the letters will slide to the center.  So I haven't gotten my stepstool out and tried it yet.

I'm also finishing up cooking some lentil stew I started a few days ago.  Yes, the same lentil stew that started growing.  I hear sprouted grains and legumes are all the culinary rage these days, though, so maybe this soup will be the envy of foodies everywhere when I'm finished with it.  I'm waiting on my cutting board and favorite knife to finish up in the dishwasher; then, it will be time to get the carrots chopped (my last ingredient!) and added to the GORGEOUS concoction sitting on the stove right now.  Just look at this stuff...


Mmm.  I can't wait to eat it.

I'm planning on making a nice healthy dose of tapicoa pudding tonight, too -- it might even last me until tomorrow evening.  Maybe.  Speaking of tomorrow night...

...IT'S THE CHRISTMAS MOVIE WEEKEND EXTRAVAGANZAAAAAAA

1 comment:

Page said...

This post is too old. What else am I supposed to do this week if I can't read updates? Get on it.