I'm pretty sleepy. I am studying for my Astronomy midterm tomorrow by reading over my notes. Either later tonight (it'll be a late one, I can already tell you that) or sometime tomorrow morning I am going to study for my Islamic Civ midterm. I think I have a better chance of doing well on that one as long as I study vocabulary and chronology. I hope I'm right. I told Andrew that I'm estimating 75's on both exams. I hope and pray I'll do better! I think the reason it's this way now is because I haven't really had to do any studying yet, and now it is all catching up to me. My plan for after fall break is to go over the day's notes when I get back from classes. That, plus studying for exams earlier, should be a pretty foolproof plan for finishing out the semester with super grades.
Okay, now I will tell you about my happy time walking home today. I was walking along the uneven brick pathway (I tripped sometime during my walk) and the day was absolutely gorgeous. Actually I had these feelings twice today, one during the day and one at night. The one at night was cooler so I'll talk about it. Tonight is a full moon and the sky is really clear. So I was walking home and it was slightly chilly. I had on my grey hoodie, though, so I was warm except for my nose. The moon was so very bright, and it seemed so close. It was perfect football weather. I decided on my walk that I'm in love with the world, with life. I love trees, I love bricks, I love hallmates, I love possessed squirrels, I love my mommy, I love my daddy, I love my brother, I love our pets, I love Get Your Veggies wraps from Alpine Bagel, I love Concord people, I love watered-down grape juice, I love knitting, I love my red skirt, I love sleep, I love Roy Rogers and Bonanza reruns, I love crossing the street, I love the ping of a baseball bat, I love the full moon, I love the crescent moon, I love the glow of the neon baseball sign, I love toothpaste, I love EVERYTHING and EVERYONE! I was so overwhelmed with love while walking home that I was afraid people would see my huge huge smile and think I was a weirdo. I wouldn't have minded, though, because I would have absolutely adored the person who thought me weird. I was so happy! I still am happy--just a more sleepy happy, a more stressed happy. But still very happy. I am so full of love for the world. How can I be anything other than absolutely joyful?
You know what? I think the reason I love everything and everyone so much is because I've been taught how to love by a pro. I don't know how I could love anything without having Jesus Christ in my heart. He's what makes me happiest, what makes me most content. He's my reason for living. Go ahead, take away the full moon and grape juice. I'll still be happy. Make me the only person on Earth. I still have Jesus. He's still with me. I don't have to worry about anything because He's here. That's what makes me happy. That's where all my love comes from. He gives me so much love that I have to put it all somewhere--and there's too much for it all to go to one thing or person--so it goes out to EVERYONE and EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD!
Guess what, wonderful person reading this--I love you more than you could ever ever know!
2 comments:
excellent post, friend. you make me think of two parts of american beauty: ricky's commentary of his video of the plastic bag and lester's monologue at the end. i love you, too. really.
This post, where you said one could take away the moon and grapes and you would still be happy, reminds me of an Orthodox hymn written by a priest who died in a Soviet prison camp.
http://praiseofglory.com/gloryforall.htm
Post a Comment