...it completely breaks my heart when a CD skips. Maybe it's almost time for an iPod.
...there's not much better than a small glass of Arbor Mist at the end of the day.
...I know I don't need a man, but having one anyway sure would be nice.
I've been thinking about that last one a good amount lately, for some reason. I think part of it has to do with going to hockey games more often (so many attractive men skating with such grace and fighting with such tenacity and panache!), meeting young but not-for-me-for-many-reasons men at church, watching TV programs/reading books with good men as important characters, and simply being around people who happily have what I ain't never got.
I terribly miss being around guys. I miss having them as friends and being comfortable enough to spend time with them without feeling like there's pressure to become romantically involved. I would love to just have that again. That being said, I also miss the rush and giddiness of having a crush on someone and wondering what they think of me (maybe it would make me stop consuming sugar and actually try to fit back into most of my clothes). However, I seem to recall that I usually hate it when I have a crush because of the perpetual uncertainty and the amount of time it steals. So where's the happy medium?
May I please just jump to the time where I am casually but steadily dating a great man and we can watch hockey and baseball and basketball and later football together and I actually clean my apartment because I never know when he's going to show up with two gallons of milk and ask to take out my trash then scratch my back after he washes his hands from playing garbage man?
No comments:
Post a Comment