Saturday, March 20, 2010

Early to bed?

Laughable. When have I ever gone to bed early when I meant to do it? Not counting falling asleep on the couch, of course.

I'm feeling a good weekend here. I...wait, let me get ready for bed first. I can't sit here while only half-dressed with shoes on and lights burning energy. Hold please--

--okay back. So, a word to the wise, please don't store your light bulbs in a place where you have to get a stepstool out to reach them. If so, you'll be writing your blog in the dark. And that's not very fun.

Anyway, it's a good weekend. Yesterday was a b e a u t i f u l day, so even though school wasn't fantastic, it kind of seemed like it anyway. After school I got back to my apartment, caught up on some things, changed, and went to the hockey game. Our goalie friend Guy (remember, "Ghee") got us the tickets this time, so Brandi and I got to go to Will Call to pick them up. We were so super cool. AND when Brandi was sitting out on her balcony reading on Friday, Guy was leaving to head to the game with another player, and he called out to her that he had two tickets for us waiting at the ticket office. OMG, how cool is that? Definitely scored some extra cool-points for Brandi, even though she was pretty alright before that.

Game was great (even though Guy wasn't playing--and I was really dying to throw up my capital-G hand signal when he did something cool), then we caught some shows on DVR, then we went to WalMart and stood in line for the New Moon DVD release at 12:01am. Picture about 150 people of all shapes, sizes and ages (though not so varied in genders) snaking through the store late-night just to get a DVD, then queuing it up again to check out. As titillating as that may seem to you, we were done with lines after the first one. So we killed some time wandering around and picking up a couple things. Went home after that--there was no way I was going to be able to stay up for a movie at that point.

I will spare you the details of all else that has gone on this sunny weekend other than to say that I had dinner with Brandi's family and close friends tonight to celebrate her younger brother Josh's 18th birthday, and it was fantastic. I got to see her younger brother and her mother again (love them), plus I met her older brother and the family that has been super-close to theirs for years. All are loads of fun. It was nice, too, to spend a relaxed and fun evening with a bunch of different people. Not that I don't get to hang out with folks, but I enjoyed the variation from my status quo.

Tomorrow: journey group and church in the morning, grading papers and going to more hockey in the afternoon, who knows what for the evening. Probably lesson plans in there somewhere, since I forgot to turn them in on Friday. Oops.

Wonderful. Simply wonderful. :)

And it's still only Saturday.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Thanks for the multitude of shout-outs!!!