Monday, February 21, 2011

TEST RESULTS

I'm grading the most recent test I gave to my kids.  Here are some of my favorite answers from the kids when asked to give examples for types of figurative language.  [Note:  These terms have been visited by us every single day for about a month in my class, and Shari has been using them in class all year long.  Including the week of our test.]

Imagery:  This is my imagery friend.
Hyperbole:  Wood chuck chuck should chuck chuck wood
Simile:  My dog like to sleep and my bad
Imagery:  "I smell trouble."
Imagery:  You daddy said take this a a gift
Personification:  That is a funny smell in that room
Hyperbole:  Peter Pilckle Pan
Onomatopoeia:  I cant find my cell phone!
Idiom:  Shine like a dog buzz like a bee
Hyperbole:  That is a very huge rat you have there.
Imagery:  I smell good and it taste like food I have to go eat
Metaphor:  hey you look over here.  whene he really mean's look at what you droped.
Idiom:  Peter Parker ate a pack of pickled peppers.

I love my kids, you know.  But we sure have a lot to do before end-of-grade testing gets here.

No comments: