Thursday, September 23, 2010

btw

By the way, I just thought I'd let you know that I used my new fave word on some of my kids today.  I have a group of four boys in one of my classes, and these four ALWAYS choose each other to go next during warm-ups.  Seriously, without fail, as soon as one of them gets picked, you'd better be expecting to see the others go up in close succession.

Anyway, the process started yet again today, and I said, "I swear, y'all have the most consanguineous process when it comes to warm-ups."  And they looked at me like I was weird but really really smart and cool and attractive, which is true, so I continued with, "And I will never tell you what that actually means."

Well this is my AIG/gifted class, so of course that was a personal challenge (I'm sure they wanted to get a whole bunch of the arbitrary and useless points I give out every now and then, too) that caused many of them to throw out definitions.  They were all way off.  "It means they like to share."  "It means they have the same routine."  "It means blah blah blah incorrect definition."

Hah, if they only knew.  Go ahead, gentlemen, keep picking each other to go next.  I'll just stand here and smirk, knowing what consanguineous means, and you'll keep reinforcing my assertion that that's what you are.  Congratulations.  :)

No comments: