Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Birkenstocks make Marc Broussard pumpkin pies for Halloween

Oh my holy goodness! Wow...I really can't believe that. No need for you to worry about it, though.

I don't like walking around campus in my Birkenstock clogs because they slide around on my feet and slow me down. I do like walking around in my happy tennis shoes. I am wearing my floral corduroy shirt today, and it makes me very happy.

We made pumpkin pies last night! It was absolutely so much fun. Plus, the pies turned out really really yummy. Everyone loved it. I was worried that they wouldn't be good because 1) it was a new recipe for me, but frankly that's not a huge problem; 2) we used fresh pumpkin, and I wasn't sure if I'd cooked the pumpkin right; 3) we had to tweak the recipe because we had a smaller amount of pumpkin than the recipe called for; 4) we had to tweak the recipe again because we had nutmeg instead of ginger; 5) we were cooking in a different place, and it's always harder to cook when you aren't familiar with the area; and, 6) we had to use odd dishes and stuff because we didn't have all the cooking things to which we are accustomed to having at home. Six reasons to worry, and it still was awesome. Jennica, Josh and I are hopefully going to make some pecan pies not this weekend but the next one. I think we really enjoyed ourselves.

You must check out marcbroussard.com. He is wonderful. I like the songs Home and Where You Are. I like them a LOT. I don't really like the video for Home, though. Actually I just don't like the club part. And the obnoxious brunette in the club. Ugh. Marc Broussard is wonderful, though. In the Where You Are video, my favorite part is where he falls off his red wagon. And I like it when he stops playing his guitar to switch hats. He's neat. Jennica makes fun of how I act when I listen to the songs. Because he's so good! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Halloween was fun. We went to a party at my Bible study leader's house for about an hour or an hour and a half. That was lots of fun. Then we walked down to Franklin and walked from the Raleigh Street end to Columbia Street. Then we walked back. It was pretty neat. Actually it wasn't as hype as I'd thought it would have been, but it was still lots of fun. I was glad there were fewer drunk people than I'd thought.

Have a nice day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi L, this is your guardian angel. Make sure when you are walking that you have people with you.
Love,
YGA