Please tell me you've discovered Pandora.
It's pretty much the best thing in the whole entire world. I'm not sure exactly how long I've had a free subscription -- maybe five or so years -- but it's opened a whole new world of music to me. Which is probably why it's called Pandora.
Pandora allows you to have 40 free hours of listening per month if you're on the free plan. That used to be enough for me, unless it was October through January (Christmas listening always sent me over the 40 limit). I just planned accordingly and listened to a mixture of Pandora and my own music. It worked okay, except for the commercials and having it stop every 90 minutes to make sure I was still listening.
This past Christmas, my dad got me just about the coolest gift I could've asked for -- a year's subscription to Pandora. No commercials, unlimited listening, no 40-hour limit. I get as much music as I want. Let me tell you, y'all, I've listened to Pandora more since Christmas than I have probably in the last two years combined. I've discovered some new artists, but I've really gotten more familiar with artists I knew only a little about. Oh man. And I've rediscovered some of my favorites from the past, including these two gems:
Awwwww yeeeahhhhhhhhh. :-D Thanks, Pandora.
Anyway, for those of you who aren't into Pandora yet, please get into it. It's completely free if you are okay with all the stuff I described, and it's an excellent way to expand your music knowledge. Be aware that you can't choose your own songs; you can only make a station based on a song or artist (and their genre stations are pretty good, too), and it will play similar songs. You can choose anything from K-Ci & JoJo to Handel's Messiah, Whitesnake to The Avett Brothers.
It's a music lover's dream, folks. LOVE IT.
1 comment:
http://www.last.fm/
Post a Comment