Saturday, September 17, 2011

Apple spice is in the air...

I've got nine candles burning, six of them some spicy fall scent.  I feel like I began a post similarly around this time in the past (could it be this one I'm thinking of?) regaling you all with the magic of fall.  I do love it.

Today, all I wish is to tell you that, despite my deep and pervasive love of all things summertime, I am rather enthused about the approach of fall.  I'm ready for sweaters and jeans and boots (PS what are your thoughts on above-the-knee boots like these?  I feel like they're a little much, but I do love them so...), apple cider, apple cinnamon-spiced candles, scarves, fuzzy socks, crunchy leaves that I can pounce on, the golds, browns, burgundies, navies and deep greens of fall, wishing I had a fire and someone to cuddle with, grey days where the time passes slowly, brisk sunny days that are nature's paradox, strong drinks, homemade soups, and holidays.

There's so much to love about this time of year.  I don't think I could part with summer so well if such a wonderful season weren't apt to follow.

Fall, I raise my glass of mulled red wine to you, my friend!

No comments: