Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Disturbd, Distilled, Disqualified

Let me know if you figure out what the title's words have to do with anything. I'll tell you in a comment thing, but think about it as you go along. Then be ready with your answer when you click on the comments, and see if you're right.

I have a midterm Friday at ten. I'm slacking off more this semester than last semester. I'm not doing too badly, though. I don't know what happened to my work ethic--one day it just went down the tubes, and I have no idea when or why, or how to get it back. So I'm just going to try to do work and hope that it becomes a habit.

I'm very sleepy. I've become increasingly ill over the past several days, but not to the point where I can't function. I decided today that a bad cold is the worst thing you can have. Maybe not ever, but it's bad. With the flu, you can just lie in bed and do nothing and feel like junk for three days. With a cold, however, you still have to do stuff, so you walk around and go to class and hang out and still feel like junk for longer than three days. My throat is dying and my sinuses are very unhappy with me and my head is beating itself to death. I take a vitamin every day, too, and I also drink lots of 100% cranberry juice that Mom got me. I'm trying to get rest, too. I figure I'll just have to be uncomfortable for a while before it goes away. Oh well.

I feel sort of lethargic lately. Not lethargic, yes lethargic, but also physically tired. I used to be able to go a certain distance to class without my legs getting tired, and the distance improved as the year progressed. Now, though, I can only go a short distance, even on level ground or downhill, before my legs hurt. I feel like a loser. I know I can't be that out of shape--I was fine last semester and the early part of this one, but I got worse sometime in late January. I don't get it.

I really do love my life. I am incredibly happy despite sickness and weakness and stressness and other stuffness.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Disturbd: That's the band that did the song, "Down with the Sickness." Because I am.

Distilled: When water's distilled it doesn't have anything in it anymore and it's kind of boring and blah. That's how I feel lately. Just sort of physically ugh.

Disqualified: That's the next dis- word that popped in my head. It has no meaning when pertaining to me.

Sorry I sound glum. I'm not.

Anonymous said...

Lar,Dad told me to read your blog; he is worried about you. Do take care of yourself. Eat right, get rest, and remember why you are up there. (To study!)I left myself a message to make your appt for spring break. We'll get you fixed up soon!
Lovingly,
Mom

Anonymous said...

so it's disturbd, then, after all. good deal. your mommy makes me think of my mommy. we have good mommies. we're really lucky. i hope you feel better, by the way. i think i've been too preoccupied with my random illnesses lately to tell you that. sorry.