Thursday, June 16, 2011

I want to go to Paris!

A girl I knew in high school has the cutest blog, and today she posted about another blog's giveaway of a SEVEN-DAY TRIP TO PARIS FOR TWO.  Holy moly.  I'm entering the giveaway as many times as I can (too bad I got rid of my Twitter account...that would have been another entry).


Last time I went to Paris, it was wonderful (how can you go to Paris and it NOT be wonderful?!).  That being said, it was nothing like I wanted it to be.  There were only two of us in our group who wanted as much of the Parisian experience as possible -- little cafes, shopping on the Champs-Elysees, listening to accordion music while strolling around large parks and drinking coffee and eating croissants and chocolate -- but the others were all about saving their money for alcohol later that night.  Great.  Just what I wanted to do in Paris, get drunk and not remember my evening.  I think I'll pass.

Anyway, it's a goal of mine to go again with like-minded folk and explore as I would like to explore (I mean come on, we only spent like an hour in the d'Orsay!  And they have Monet and Rodin in there!!), and I'm hoping and praying and dying that I will win.  Because the odds are in my favor, right?  Three entries for me, everyone with a Twitter account gets four, and there are THOUSANDS of people who have entered.

Get the going-away party ready, people!!

No comments: