There's a blog I follow that is HIGH-larious. It's called The Man Repeller. It's all about wearing whatever kind of fashion makes you feel good, even if it's man-repelling (which, believe you me, some of it REALLY is), and letting your confidence and personality and natural beauty be what reels 'em all in. Sounds like my kind of thing, right? I thought so too. That being said, I think it's a good thing that the kind of fashion that makes me feel good is also really cute. Because let's be honest, the track record when my personality is it? Well, about the same track record as when fashion's involved. Nada. But we've already talked about that in depth, so...no more now.
Anyway, even though my fashion isn't man-repelling, I do all KINDS of things that aren't necessarily magnetic as far as men go. I decided to make a list of things that I've done TODAY ONLY that make me ME, but that also need to be hidden away until somebody puts a ring on it. Otherwise, whoops, done. Thanks for playing. [and of course, since they need to be hidden, it's a great idea to document them online forever and always]
1. I looked cute today, like REALLY cute if I may say so myself, and then as soon as I got home from church, I traded the grey suede ankle boots for too-big men's UNC slippers, and the fetching sweaterdress for a freeing waaaaayyyyy huge grey sweatshirt. The leggings remained. Alright, Flashdance, I swear I'll only hang onto your clothes until tomorrow morning. Maybe a little longer.
2. I talk to myself, and I talk to people who aren't there. There's no psychosis involved, I just do it. I would even venture to say that I talk as though another me is standing there. Just now, I was getting ready to cut up some carrots for chicken and dumplings, and I got a knife and said, "Ooh, hey look, I get to use my new knife! Haa!" Very cool.
3. Right after I got excited about my new knife and told myself all about it, a carrot rolled off the cutting board and I swiped it up superfaaaast, and before gnawing on it I went, "OMM NOMM NOOMMMM" in my best carrot monster voice. Again, very cool, if you're three.
4. I'm playing Christmas music on November 6th. I've been playing it since about October 10th. And I like to mimic all the instruments and voices as I sing along, including the foghorn-like bass singers whose notes I can't quite hit.
5. I have thirty pairs of shoes lying around my small apartment. I counted. I like to leave them out because I like to look at them and try them on all the time.
6. There are four different scented candles burning right now, and that's only because two plus the twelve votives have burned out. It's enough to make any man get five headaches, but ask me if I care. Go ahead, ask me.
7. Apparently, there's a noise for everything. Drop a carrot? "Mhrrrr." Drop another? "Bhoooooopp!!" Does dinner smell good? "Hoooooly cow, mbuhhhhuhurrr!!!" That new detective on SVU looks pretty good, doesn't he? "Ayoooooooo! Meeehehehhe!!" Did you just type something funny, Laura? "Gulllghughugheeee..."
8. Speaking of good-looking men, I feel the need to point them out, or to giggle, or to say, "Ayoooooooo! Meeehehehhe!!" when I see them. That doesn't exactly foster affection and happiness from my significant other. I hope this will go away when I find someone or when I turn thirteen, whichever comes first. But...I hope. I don't guarantee.
That's it for the night. This is getting ridiculous. Plus, my chicken and dumplings are almost ready, and the carrot ends and chicken scraps I've been sneaking just aren't cutting it.
1 comment:
I love all of those things that make you YOU! Especially the one about making those sounds. You know how I use "RAWR" a lot.
Post a Comment