Sunday, May 07, 2006

From an email to Lydia.

I emailed this to Lydia. I think it is very telling of my life right now, or of the last two weeks, or of however long. I think I'm going to copy it to here. In fact, I am going to copy it to here. In fact, I already have. Because here it is. Here you go. Yes.

I am very tired of reviewing my notes for History 018. I am sick of reading about Apartheid and the African National Congress and Nelson Mandela, and before that I was sick of reading about the Congress Party and Gandhi and the Salt March of 1930. That's as far as I've gotten on my studying so far. I'm retyping my notes, sort of. I'm condensing them a bit, and also cutting out parts I don't need. I have an exam on all this at 8 tomorrow morning. That's about eleven hours from now. I will probably be here (in Davis library, the really big library, the biggest building on campus) for quite a few more hours, just reading and typing, reading and typing, reading and typing. And hopefully buying a bar of chocolate. A candy bar of some kind. A chocolatey candy bar. I have been wanting chocolate for a long time now. We don't have any in our room anymore, but we used to. All the jelly beans are gone, too. They got gone pretty fast. We ate them. Fast. So we don't have any candy anymore. I guess that's a good thing, though, because that means we won't have to take any home with us. You know we're going home Tuesday. Jennica and I are. Other people are moving out before that if their exams finish earlier. She and I both have a noon exam on Tuesday, and we'll be packing up and moving out after we finish. It's going to be kind of crazy with both of our families packing our respective stuff up. I wouldn't be surprised if we have a swapping party when we get back to school in the fall, giving each other the stuff we'd accidentally packed up that wasn't ours in the spring. Oh well. It's been a good year. I just wish it didn't have to end with something as gross as exams.

--I'll tell more about my examining later. Examining meaning me taking exams. Agh, back to notes.

No comments: